03 September 2008

Okay okay......

....I'm back. Sort of.

It's been a very hectic week(end). Friday and Saturday don't have all that much to tell, and you can read about my Sunday here, here, here and here. (Thanks to Tamara, Ruby, Angel and Glugs!! You've all told the story so well... :-))

From me: you guys are awesome, and I had a fantastic time. I can't wait for the next party. And to Exmi, don't worry lady, we know you weren't feeling yourself, and we'll more than make up for it next time. Sooner rather than later :-)

On to the rest of the week.....I finally had The Big Cry last night. No movies or sad books, noooo...I burst into hysterical tears because I couldn't get a game to install on my pc. After the umpteenth time that I "inserted disk 3" I just couldn't take it anymore and I cracked. I haven't cried like that in a long time. Lucky for Hubby, the band was practising last night for I was not a pretty sight.

After about 10 minutes of severe sobbing, I managed to gain control over my breathing, and decided to phone an old friend for some new perspective. I didn't even realise exactly how much emotional weight I was carrying around, and how little of it was purely hormonal. He gave me some good advice, and promised to check up on me in a few days time. I feel much better, but I know it's not all over yet. (I might still end up at your new place with a copy of Titanic, Sweets!!)

To add insult to crippling injury, my car's battery decided to pack up this morning....aaaaarrrrggghhhh!! Two hours and R550 later, I have a brand new battery in my tjor, and all is well again. (When did batteries become so darn expensive though, I drive a bloomin' Corsa, for heaven's sake!!)

Finally, I have a two blogs that I'm adding to my blogroll. I came across them via Tamara, and am happy I did so. Most of you know them already, but I would like to welcome Being Brazen and The Purring Cat to the Arkives. I look forward to reading more of you ladies :-)

That's all from me for now....

8 comments:

Sweets said...

ah shame, so glad you had a good cry!!! makes quite a diff!!

i also recently started reading those two new blogs, cool!!

i think i shall go kiss my car battery now, just in case it doesn't feel loved :)

here's a few hugs just in case!
(hug)
(hug)
(hug)
(hug)

Arkwife said...

:-) Thanks Sweets....I can always count on you to cheer me up!

And a (hug) straight back at ya!!

Unknown said...

Your first paragraph is cheating. Sies.

Ruby said...

la! glugs, that's what i said:)

My friendster I already gave you plenty hugs last night...but if you need some more, which you prob will.....gimme a ring OK?

AngelConradie said...

i've also been scarce, so no apologies needed! it was awesome to meet you too!
~~hugs~~
i also know what its like to start crying over nothing simply because you've been holding it in for so long... the proverbial straw and all that.
strongs. its good to get it all out!
praps we should have a movie night anyway...?

Tamara said...

Shew... hope you're feeling better.

And thanks for the link love. Ias really awesome to meet you and I'm up for Titanic anytime... I love watching Jack die. Yes, I'm twisted, but I think it's a hilarious scene.

Arkwife said...

Ok, thats it.....we need to organise a movie night!!

Thanks to everyone for the hugs. I am feeling much better, and am looking forward to getting where I need to go.

(**Glugs: ek cheat nooit!! Lol)

Tamara said...

I've tagged you.